Dr. Kimberly Bennett is a board-certified adult psychiatrist with over ten years of experience treating various psychiatric conditions including depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorder, co-morbid substance use disorder, and psychotic disorders. Dr. Bennett uses a biopsychosocial approach to diagnosis and treatment which allows her to examine the complex interactions between biological, psychological, and social factors which influence illness and recommend appropriate interventions that target them. Dr. Bennett facilitates collaboration between her and her patients by encouraging their involvement in determining meaningful goals for their treatment, providing education about their difficulties and treatment options, involving them in the decision-making process, and coordinating care with other providers to ensure continuity.
- General Psychiatry Residency Program, UNC Hospitals, Chief Resident
- MD, UNC Chapel Hill School of Medicine
- MPH in Health Care and Prevention – Public Health Leadership Program, UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health
- BS in Molecular Biology, Magna Cum Laude, Winston-Salem State University
- Northview Psychiatric Associates, PLLC
- Consulting Psychiatrist, UNC Rex Healthcare
- Staff Psychiatrist, Central Regional Hospital
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, UNC Department of Psychiatry
- Consulting Associate, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University School of Medicine
- Associate Medical Advisor, Nuventra Pharma Sciences, Inc.
- American Psychiatric Association
- North Carolina Psychiatric Association